Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Clay's Sixth


Photo: To my Clay...It's about time that I'm able to publish another party post! I feel so honored that I have friendly followers who want to know more about our little family life. I'm used to writing journal entries since age 6, so this new media can be very daunting but exciting at the same time. Here is where I can include photos and publish for my family and for the curious and most wonderful friends who want to virtually celebrate with us.  Our life almost never has those moments where we can just sit and veg.  I think I've come to terms with this even though I love to rest.  But being born with wide eyes and a thirst for life, I've taken my girls on adventures "around the world".  But enough about my thoughts.  Here is why you visited. I'm happy to share celebrating Clay's Sixth.
 PLANNING
The girls are old enough now to plan their own parties.  We start the thought processes early and within that time, their party themes change and become more refined. Whereas, we did enjoy the Monster University, I was secretly happy when Clay decided to change from this theme to "Boo, the World's Cutest Dog".  He's an internet sensation....but not many people know who he is. Hmmmm. That's ok, it kind of makes me smile that my girls are open to less popular ideas.  I'm also secretly wishing that someday they will choose to have a painting or Kawai'i  party. It's just a matter of time.
Photo: Edited with #Phonto. http://appstore.com/phonto


So to prepare, Clay designed her cake. I let her go on Pinterest and look up ideas. I also pinned some of my own ideas.  Yes ladies and gents, I let my girls go on Pinterest.  I really love the ideas and unlike what so many others might think,  most things are manageable and beautiful and oh so creative.  I don't care if others think these ideas are unrealistic...whatever, we can do it. Creating is what we prefer over other interests.  I could expound upon the matter, but not now.  Suffice it to say that we had fun looking over the photos and deciding what we could do. Now, time for the photos!
DECORATING
 The mantel...We were able to find some images of Boo that we framed and propped up as our centerpiece.  Jane, our Elf on the Shelf, was also able to visit Clay on this special day.  Everyone was party hat clad.





Clay picked out the colors for
her banner. I've always wanted to try the serif letter hanging.  I like the way it turned out.  My hubbie helped me hang it up along with the deco balls. It was a treat because usually he is working when we start decorating. That night he was very helpful (thanks Pai!).




We decided to leave the Christmas turned V-day deco out on the foyer.  It's not very apparent in this photo, but we had mock dog bowls with toys to add to our theme (I'm trying!).


Here's Boo and friends.  Clay decided showcase them out as a trio.  They were quickly picked up and smoooshed by the kids upon arrival.







the Games

We played "Hot Dog", a version of Hot Potato, but with a dog toy.  Too fun! Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the games, but I did get one!  Because it was a beautiful day, Plan A took us outside.  With the said dog bowls, the kids played a tossing game and then "Fetch". The kids were separated into two groups and I tossed toys, dice and balls into the air.  The kids ran to get them and then ran back to me to return it.  What a super simple and fun game. I made that one up on the fly.  I wished I had taken photos, but I was busy keeping these little puppies entertained!

the food



Dog bone brownies, Puppy chow (cocoa cereal), Boo cupcakes, and the staple of chips and striped cookies. 
....and I finally remembered to add names onto party cups.  Thanks to my sister, we had their names on in a jiffy.  It saved on lost cups and unused confusion.

the (cup)cake and unwrapping
 
"happy birthday to you...
...para bems pra voce,
cumpleanos feliz!"




I'm partial to this photo.

I love how happy and excited the kids become when they hand their present to their friend. So touching!






 friends and family






 

   I wasn't able to snap photo shots of all the kids, but I love that they have smiles on their faces. I'd like to think that they had a blast. There's nothing like helping kids be happy!!

the end...
happy sixth, sweet girl.














2 comments:

  1. Great photo shots! See, you don't need a fancy cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yva..you are right! Just need good filters and an iPhone ;)!

    ReplyDelete