Thursday, December 31, 2009

last day, New Day


I've been contemplating about what I want out of this new year. Fixated on blogs that give me information (and freebies), I've decided to heed to the scriptures of organization. Yes, many have said it, many have done it, but not me. You come to my house and wonder what I'm talking about. But for all you mothers out there, you know what's really inside your house...lurking in boxes, under beds, the garage and even in pretty labeled containers....it's junk. I call it junk, because I don't know what's in there and I haven't used it forever because I don't know what's in there.

So, a couple of weeks ago in church, someone quoted the scripture in D&C about a house of order (yes, I do listen, even when I'm running after Claire!). As a former teacher, I know that visuals help the brain and the body to recognize their goals. So, I searched the web for info on completing my quest. I found a lot of info and cool printables to keep me organized.

I've never been a goal oriented person. I just kind of do things and move on. My YW days were scattered in personal progress and I just chose not complete it all. That's me. Even though I can think of a bazillion goals for this new year, I won't. I just need to keep myself healthy so I can do everything I'll organize. Hey and organization just doesn't mean a clean house, either. It means getting to do what you need and want to do without the lull of questions. It means having your questions answered before it's too late and the day is done. Kind of exciting. I'll post pics later of my efforts and how the children fit into the equation.


Right now, I'll just enjoy this last day of December, 2009.


Have a good one and new one while you're at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment