I'm a little confused about blogs. Recently I've become obsessed with crafting blogs. I'm not one to say cute frequently, but gosh darn are there some cute stuff being made by creative hands all over the web! I just keep clicking on one link and then another and then another. It's crazy. I've been up until 2 a.m., sleeping for a few hours and then up again to read some more.
My mom is an all around practical woman, who can see and then do just about anything. That's where I get my attitude. I can do anything, I really can, you really can, if you just do it. It sounds like a slogan, it's my motto, it's my thought, and this keeps me going.
Anyhoot, back to the blogging thing. My confusion comes from what people put on their blogs. I feel like I need to be thematic in some sense. I guess it would add cohesion to my thoughts and add direction to what I really want out of this blog. But, I guess that's not what I'm all about....cohesion.
So, I'll continue just randomly thinking and writing about things. I know I haven't for a while. It's the giving season. I still have many neighborly things to do. I've decided I'm giving my family homemade gifts....thus my need to read blogs.
Ok, if there's anyone out there still reading this, riddle me this or just comment....
I'm having a bit of a time being compassionate towards people who make irresponsible choices (and it's so obvious!). I know the commandment...love, charity, etc. I do, I do. But, still, it doesn't make things easier for me when I see it all the time.
Utah, you're giving me a bit of a headache. But then again, I can do anything. I can be forgiving and even repentant if I want. What to do, what to do.
Hi J,
ReplyDeleteI have also been into crafting blogs, I am too amazed at all the creativity out there. I have started to try some things and is a lot of fun ;) I am also making handmade xmas gifts this year, so exciting!! Keep sharing your thoughts and ideas. Merry Christmas!!!
I'm sure you've already checked out the etsy site. I love it. Also, I like handmade by jill and LucyKate crafts. Let me know which are your favorites! Do tell.
ReplyDeleteYes, I like Jill and thanks to her I have met other great crafters such as Jessica http://www.ohsohappytogether.blogspot.com she does really cute stuff, such as hair pieces, neckacles, rings etc. You should really try making it for your girls. I am currently doing her ring pieces, love them!! Another blog I love to read is http://littlehandsbigwork.blogspot.com she has the greatest crafts ideas you can do with your kids, I have already done her quiet book, really entertains Daniel during church. I can't wait for Daniel to get a little bit older so we can try more of her ideas. Another good craft blog I found is http://naptimejournal.blogspot.com. Well these are just a few blogs I like.
ReplyDeleteI am currently making my big-size handmade nativity (Child-resistant) haha I am almost done with it, I got this idea from browsing at Michaels store. Happy Crafting!!