The Theme: Panda motif. Miss Claire loves pandas. Don't know why, she just loves to hug them so much everyday and keep them in her bed.
The Deco: Of course, I like to hang things from our ceiling (remember, it's a party!!).
The Deco: Of course, I like to hang things from our ceiling (remember, it's a party!!).
So, I made a paper birthday banner (that I printed from paperglitter), hung orbs and of course, the now infamous pinata.
For the table, I used white a tablecloth (white makes most things look just right) to let the colors of the tulips, food, little flags and panda baskets stand out.
My husband was pretty impressed, too! ;)




The Guests and Games: We invited little Claire's friends in the neighborhood.
Unfortunately not everyone could attend, but we still had some fun!

Cherry Blossom Hunt
We scattered cherry blossoms around the house. The kids took their little baskets and scurried around looking for blossoms. Some of them even counted how many they found.



Pin the Blossom on the Stem (!)
The kids used one of their blossoms to play this game. Of course, the little ones didn't use a blindfold, only En for En and her friend.

Pull-String Pinata (aka Cuban Pinata Cake)
Ok, so this was an experiment for me. In the end, I had to hold up the base so as it not to fall on the kids if they pulled the right string. The kids were fascinated with the concept. Enya ended up pulling the right string.
Note: My girls just picked up the chocolate and left the rest for the others.


The cake
I had planned on baking my own layered cake, but opted for a yummy Costco one instead. Everyone held a little flag and we waved it as we all sang, "Happy Birthday". Claire was familiar with the song and knew to blow out the candles at the end of it. It surprised me to smiles.


The final steps
Claire opened her presents and then the kids played around.
The final images are ones that I like.






The cake
I had planned on baking my own layered cake, but opted for a yummy Costco one instead. Everyone held a little flag and we waved it as we all sang, "Happy Birthday". Claire was familiar with the song and knew to blow out the candles at the end of it. It surprised me to smiles.


The final steps
Claire opened her presents and then the kids played around.
The final images are ones that I like.








No comments:
Post a Comment