Monday, April 5, 2010

Last minute challenge

The parties are over...for now. Just to challenge myself, I decided to have an egg coloring party at the last minute, made a few decos and cupcakes and made my calls. Just a few friends came, but it was still a blast. Here's the proof:

Getting ready...




I printed out some bunny cupcake wrappers. I wasn't sure how to put the bunny ears in, but Enya figured it out. She inserted them in the front, that way the frosting would touch the printed ears!






The bunny cupcakes revealed and the kids that ate them!



Coloring eggs




Faux egg hunt
It was a bit chilly outside, so I opted to make an egg hunt in a box. I emptied a bunch of dried pasta, beans and split peas in a plastic box. Then, I hid paper eggs, bunnies, chicks and candied goodies inside for the kids to find. They had a great time, especially my little Claire. She is completely sensory driven; so, without my careful eye watching, she dumped out the container and gleefully scattered every single bit of something on the ground. You can see by the pictures that I just had to let them have their fun.















Take home bunny
I made some felt finger puppet bunnies. I was making them anyway for Easter, so I made a few more as take home gifts. En's bunny is named Chutney and Claire's is Bornaise.



A friend brought the Easter lilies. They were beautiful. It was a party on the run, but we did it. I think I'll make up another one with no advance notice. We'll see who comes!
We hope you had a happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment