Yesterday, I was blog hopping, looking for summer ideas. I knew that I wanted to explore nature and other science principles with my girls. So, last night we spoke to them about science...what is it? where is it? can I do science? (asked my youngest). They were so excited to learn more about it.
So, today En and I took a nature walk around our neighborhood.
I cut a piece of duct tape and wrapped it sticky side out on En's wrist.
We called it her nature bracelet.
As we walked around our neighborhood, she found things that interested her (flowers, leaves, rocks, grass, etc.) and stuck it onto her bracelet.
She packed a snack, so after the first 20 minutes we found a shady spot and sat down to eat a bit and talk about her findings.
Then, we walked a bit more and headed home.
Straightaway, she drew pictures of her bracelet and wrote about it. We ended up cutting it to take it off and also to take a closer look at her treasures.
Time to invest in a magnifying glass!
Great idea!
ReplyDeleteLooks like En is cast-free :)
Yes, she is and loving her freedom :)
ReplyDelete