I know it's getting late, but I didn't want to forget this night, so I'm publishing it forever.
We had our first FHE of the year and it went really well...just incredibly perfect. I taught the lesson about Heavenly Father being the father of our spirits. Enya was listening and answering questions, while Claire was struggling a bit in her father's lap. I thought maybe she might not be listening or understanding...but when she broke free of Papai's lap, she went upstairs. I ended my thought and then went to find Miss Claire, but she was already on her way back down the stairs with a book. When I saw what book it was, I got teary eyed because the book she chose to bring to us was entitled, "I Am a Child of God". Normally she goes for Dora, Blue or photo books, but not this time. Papai and I looked at each other with those eyes, the eyes of a doting parent, and smiled. I almost lost it, but I knew if I did, then Enya would ask a million questions. So, I just stopped the lesson and we sang "I Am a Child of God" as we flipped through the pages of Claire's book.
My Claire, she is a unique soul.
the sweet pete!
ReplyDelete2nd children are always special, no? ;)