Saturday, January 30, 2010

my taste of ART


The first day of doing something new and teaching my kids beyond the normal ABC, 123.....

I'm somewhat of an art snob or very particular on what I enjoy in art and design, amongst other things. Art can make you happy, art can make you mad and everything in between and I LOVE IT. So with this new enthusiasm and energy, I am exposing my girls to Art as I know it.

We'll study a new artist each month. I chose Van Gogh for January. Even though the month is ending, I still was able to have Enya know a bit about him and test out his painting method (bold colors and swirling brush strokes). We're starting off with painters and then move on to sculpture around March. I love Matisse's and Degas' sculptures. So, here are a few pics of our starry night of Van Gogh .

Enya is coloring with pastels, Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Notice that she signed her name in the right corner of the piece.

My attempt of swirling and creating movement in A Starry Night. It was interesting to recreate this, because you really have to plan out how you want the lines/strokes to move in your picture. We spent a good amount of time just talking about this painting. Enya had questions about the colors and the stars...she loves stars.

Our display on the fridge. Enya was given the role of curator and posted them wherever she wanted. It's nice that our fridge is black, makes the colors stand out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment